Independent Translator Policies
Read This First
Thank you for your interest in working with Accurapid as an independent translator-contractor. While we have built up a crack team of translator-specialists in most common language/subject matter combinations, we’re always on the lookout for new talent.
If you believe you have what it takes to be an Accurapid translator, complete the form below. Your name and data will be kept on file and we’ll call on you when the need for your specific language skills and subject matter expertise arises.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who fill out our translators’ form. We cannot accept unsolicited emails or CVs because a large portion of them have turned out to be from scammers.
- As a matter of principle, we do not request that our would-be contractors do free test translations for us.
- Since we receive hundreds of applications from translators every month, we cannot test each candidate with actual work.
- We welcome samples from the translator’s files that show a translator’s capabilities. These samples are carefully evaluated and help us select the right translator when the occasion arises.
- For security reasons we delete unsolicited binary files, received as e-mail “attachments,” unopened. You’re welcome, however, to copy and paste information from your résumé into the appropriate boxes of the form below.
- We test promising candidates with a small job, which undergoes a thorough quality control process as does every translation handled by Accurapid, and is paid for as agreed between Accurapid and the translator.
- Our translators are our most valuable asset. We regard them as partners in our effort to provide our customers with the best possible translations. For that purpose, we give our translators feedback on their work and discuss with them any problems identified during the revision process.
- We pay our translators on time, every time.
- We expect our translators to be honest in assessing their capabilities and not to accept work for which they are not qualified.
- We expect our translators to strictly observe the deadlines agreed upon and to contact us immediately if they encounter unexpected difficulties in the performance of their assignments.
Please complete the Independent Translator Application Form here.